Current:Home > MyFastexy Exchange|Steve Buscemi is 'OK' after actor was attacked during walk in New York City -Ascend Wealth Education
Fastexy Exchange|Steve Buscemi is 'OK' after actor was attacked during walk in New York City
NovaQuant View
Date:2025-04-07 00:20:37
Steve Buscemi was the victim of an assault in New York City earlier this week,Fastexy Exchange a representative for the actor has confirmed.
The "Boardwalk Empire" star was attacked during a walk in the Kips Bay neighborhood of NYC on Wednesday, Buscemi's publicist told USA TODAY in an email Sunday. Buscemi was punched in the face by an unidentified individual.
"Steve Buscemi was assaulted in midtown Manhattan, another victim of a random act of violence in the city," the representative said. "He is OK and appreciates everyone's well wishes, though incredibly sad for everyone that this has happened to while also walking the streets of (New York)."
Buscemi's assailant fled the scene and has yet to be apprehended by authorities, police told the New York Post. The actor was reportedly taken to the hospital following the attack and treated for "swelling to his face and left eye."
USA TODAY reached out to the New York City Police Department for comment.
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
‘It’s still with me':Steve Buscemi talks trauma of volunteering at Ground Zero on 9/11
Steve Buscemi's co-star Michael Stuhlbarg also reportedly attacked in New York City
Michael Stuhlbarg, who starred with Buscemi on the HBO crime drama "Boardwalk Empire," was allegedly the victim of an assault in New York City in late March.
Police responded to an assault in progress on March 31 after a 55-year-old man was walking near 90th Street and East Drive when "he was struck in the head by an unknown object," the New York City Police Department confirmed in a statement to USA TODAY at the time.
Reports from CNN and The New York Times identified the victim as Stuhlbarg.
Michael Stuhlbarg assaulted:Actor attacked with a rock in New York City, performs on Broadway the next day
Authorities said a preliminary investigation determined that a 27-year-old man, identified as Xavier Israel, threw a rock at Stuhlbarg, which struck him in the back of the neck and caused an abrasion. The actor subsequently "chased" Israel to 9 East 91st Street, where officers took the alleged attacker into custody, according to police. Stuhlbarg "refused medical attention at the scene," police also said. Israel was charged with assault.
The incident occurred before Stuhlbarg was set to perform in the Broadway show "Patriots." The actor took the stage as planned on April 1, just one day after the assault occurred.
Contributing: Brendan Morrow, USA TODAY
veryGood! (4382)
Related
- Spooky or not? Some Choa Chu Kang residents say community garden resembles cemetery
- Judith Jamison, a dancer both eloquent and elegant, led Ailey troupe to success over two decades
- Brianna LaPaglia Reacts to Rumors Dave Portnoy Paid Her $10 Million for a Zach Bryan Tell-All
- NYC Mayor Eric Adams requests earlier trial date so he can focus on reelection campaign
- Paige Bueckers vs. Hannah Hidalgo highlights women's basketball games to watch
- Satellite images and documents indicate China working on nuclear propulsion for new aircraft carrier
- Younghoo Koo takes blame for Falcons loss to Saints: 'This game is fully on me'
- Rafael dissolves into a low pressure system in the Gulf of Mexico after hitting Cuba as a hurricane
- South Korea's acting president moves to reassure allies, calm markets after Yoon impeachment
- Beyoncé's Grammy nominations in country categories aren't the first to blur genre lines
Ranking
- DeepSeek: Did a little known Chinese startup cause a 'Sputnik moment' for AI?
- 'SNL' stars jokingly declare support for Trump, Dana Carvey plays Elon Musk
- Pete Rose fans say final goodbye at 14-hour visitation in Cincinnati
- Lala Kent Swears by This Virgo-Approved Accessory and Shares Why Stassi Schroeder Inspires Her Fall Style
- Don't let hackers fool you with a 'scam
- 4 charged in Detroit street shooting that left 2 dead, 5 wounded
- Rita Ora Says Liam Payne “Left Such a Mark on This World” in Emotional Tribute
- Sister Wives’ Janelle Brown Alleges Ex Kody Made False Claims About Family’s Finances
Recommendation
DeepSeek: Did a little known Chinese startup cause a 'Sputnik moment' for AI?
Mississippi Valley State football player Ryan Quinney dies in car accident
Republican David Schweikert wins reelection in affluent Arizona congressional district
Chiefs block last-second field goal to save unbeaten record, beat Broncos
Pregnant Kylie Kelce Shares Hilarious Question Her Daughter Asked Jason Kelce Amid Rising Fame
Sister Wives' Janelle Brown Details to Meri Why She Can't Trust Ex Kody and His Sole Wife Robyn
Lala Kent Swears by This Virgo-Approved Accessory and Shares Why Stassi Schroeder Inspires Her Fall Style
Lane Kiffin puts heat on CFP bracket after Ole Miss pounds Georgia. So, who's left out?