Current:Home > ContactMeagan Good Supports Boyfriend Jonathan Majors at Court Appearance in Assault Case -Ascend Wealth Education
Meagan Good Supports Boyfriend Jonathan Majors at Court Appearance in Assault Case
Chainkeen Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 21:51:18
Meagan Good is standing by Jonathan Majors' side.
Three months after the Creed III actor was arrested for an alleged domestic violence dispute, he appeared at Manhattan Criminal Court in New York City for a hearing, with Meagan accompanying him.
The Devotion star, 33, wore a white collared-shirt and a brown jacket with matching pants while Megan, 41, donned a white dress with a peach coat and matching peach handbag. They both sported sunglasses as they walked through the crowd side-by-side.
During the hearing, Judge Rachel S. Pauley ordered Jonathan to continue to adhere to the court's full order of protection for the alleged victim in the case. She also set an August 3 date for a trial.
"Within a few weeks of these false allegations, we provided the District Attorney with evidence of Mr. Majors' innocence. Last week, we delivered additional compelling evidence to the District Attorney," Jonathan's attorney Priya Chaudhry said in a June 20 statement. "Following this, we strongly requested the District Attorney dismiss all charges against Mr. Majors immediately."
She continued, "While we are hopeful that the District Attorney is reviewing these materials in good faith and will do the right thing soon, to accelerate our case, we've requested a trial date ASAP."
An NYPD spokesperson previously told E! News that Jonathan was arrested on March 25 after police responded to a 911 call from inside a New York City apartment.
"A preliminary investigation determined that a 33-year-old male was involved in a domestic dispute with a 30-year-old female," the spokesperson shared. "The victim informed police she was assaulted. Officers placed the 33-year-old male into custody without incident. The victim sustained minor injuries to her head and neck and was removed to an area hospital in stable condition."
Following his arrest, Priya professed her client's innocence.
"Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is probably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows," Priya told E! News in a March 26 statement. "We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently."
At the time, the Lovecraft Country star's rep echoed his lawyer's statement to E!, adding, "He has done nothing wrong. We look forward to clearing his name and clearing this up."
veryGood! (97)
Related
- Macy's says employee who allegedly hid $150 million in expenses had no major 'impact'
- Utah poised to become the next state to regulate bathroom access for transgender people
- Shooting at Arlington, Texas apartment leaves 3 people dead, gunman on the loose: Reports
- 'Whirlwind' change from Jets to Ravens, NFL playoffs for Dalvin Cook: 'Night and day'
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- Jimmy Buffett Day: Florida 'Margaritaville' license plate, memorial highway announced
- King Charles III Visits Kate Middleton as He Undergoes Procedure at Same Hospital
- Starting Five: Top men's college basketball games this weekend led by Big 12 showdown
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Triathlon
- A landslide of contaminated soil threatens environmental disaster in Denmark. Who pays to stop it?
Ranking
- South Korea's acting president moves to reassure allies, calm markets after Yoon impeachment
- NFL reaches ‘major milestone’ with record 9 minority head coaches in place for the 2024 season
- Utah joins list of states to pass a bill banning diversity programs in government and on campus
- Megan Thee Stallion, Nicki Minaj feud escalates with 'get up on your good foot' lyric
- Taylor Swift makes surprise visit to Kansas City children’s hospital
- A private prison health care company accused of substandard care is awarded new contract in Illinois
- Atlanta Falcons hiring Raheem Morris as next head coach
- Coco Gauff eliminated from Australian Open in semifinal loss to Aryna Sabalenka
Recommendation
Tom Holland's New Venture Revealed
Deepfakes exploiting Taylor Swift images exemplify a scourge with little oversight
Sundance Festival breakthroughs of 2024: Here are 14 new films to look forward to
Ex-coal CEO Don Blankenship couldn’t win a Senate seat with the GOP. He’s trying now as a Democrat
All That You Wanted to Know About She’s All That
Airstrikes in central Gaza kill 15 overnight while fighting intensifies in the enclave’s south
Regional Mexican music is crossing borders and going global. Here’s how it happened
Rescues at sea, and how to make a fortune