Current:Home > ScamsTrendPulse|King Charles III to return to public duties amid ongoing cancer treatment -Ascend Wealth Education
TrendPulse|King Charles III to return to public duties amid ongoing cancer treatment
EchoSense Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 04:19:21
Roll out the royal red carpet.
King Charles III is TrendPulsereturning to his public duties after taking a step back from treatment for an undisclosed form of cancer.
The British monarch will visit a cancer treatment center with his wife, Queen Camilla, on Tuesday, Buckingham Palace announced in a news release. There, the couple "will meet medical specialists and patients."
"As the first anniversary of The Coronation approaches, Their Majesties remain deeply grateful for the many kindnesses and good wishes they have received from around the world throughout the joys and challenges of the past year," the palace said.
Charles will continue treatment for an undetermined amount of time, but according to the palace, "doctors are sufficiently pleased with the progress made so far that The King is now able to resume a number of public-facing duties."
Despite not having a clear timeline on when Charles can conclude treatment, the palace said his medical team is "very encouraged by the progress made so far and remain positive" about his recovery.
King Charles thanks Commonwealthfor 'thoughtful good wishes' amid cancer recovery
Will Charles return to a full schedule?
Charles' treatment center will "be the first in a number of external engagements" coming up, although his schedule won't immediately return to what it was before his diagnosis.
Outings "will remain subject to doctors' advice," but "it will not be a fullsummer program," the palace said.
Whether the pace of his duties increases is a decision for his medical team, and certain events will be "adapted where necessary to minimize any risks" to the king, the palace said.
Charles' first major event includes a state visit from Japan
Among one of the bigger anticipated events during Charles' recovery is a state visit from Japan's Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako in June.
The Japanese royalty will be hosted at Buckingham Palace nearly four years after their planned visit in 2020 was postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Buckingham Palace announced Charles' cancer diagnosis in February
Buckingham Palace confirmed on Feb. 5 that Charles was diagnosed with "a form of cancer." Before the announcement he was hospitalized and underwent a procedure for benign prostate enlargement in January, and the cancer was identified via diagnostic tests after a "separate issue of concern was noted."
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," the palace said. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual."
His daughter-in-law Princess Kate has also been diagnosed with cancer and has been taking a break from public duties.
In a video released by Kensington Palace last month, Kate, 42, called her diagnosis a "huge shock" for her family, adding that she and Prince William have done "everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family."
Kate said it has "taken time" to explain her diagnosis to her and William's children and "to reassure them that I'm going to be OK."
The palace first announced in January that Kate had been admitted to the hospital for planned abdominal surgery.
In a statement at the time, the palace said Kate's surgery was successful but that "based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
veryGood! (9)
Related
- Rylee Arnold Shares a Long
- Big Brother's Christie Murphy Gives Birth, Welcomes Twins With Wife Jamie Martin
- As Maine governor pushes for new gun laws, Lewiston shooting victims' families speak out
- Kelly Clarkson opens up about diagnosis that led to weight loss: 'I wasn't shocked'
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- The 'Harvard of Christian schools' slams Fox News op/ed calling the college 'woke'
- Ground beef prices are up, shrimp prices are down. How to save on a Super Bowl party.
- Attorneys for the man charged in University of Idaho stabbings seek change of venue
- McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
- Child’s body found in Colorado storage unit. Investigators want to make sure 2 other kids are safe
Ranking
- Angelina Jolie nearly fainted making Maria Callas movie: 'My body wasn’t strong enough'
- People on parole in Pennsylvania can continue medication for opioid withdrawal under settlement
- Camila Cabello Looks Unrecognizable With New Blonde Hair Transformation
- Heidi Klum’s NSFW Story Involving a Popcorn Box Will Make You Cringe
- Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie return for an 'Encore,' reminisce about 'The Simple Life'
- 'He died of a broken heart': Married nearly 59 years, he died within hours of his wife
- Pilot error likely caused the helicopter crash that killed 2 officers, report says
- The Senate is headed for a crucial test vote on new border policies and Ukraine aid
Recommendation
Trump issues order to ban transgender troops from serving openly in the military
Woman's murder in Colorado finally solved — after nearly half a century
Cigna sells Medicare business to Health Care Services Corp. for $3.7 billion
Taylor Swift is the greatest ad for the Super Bowl in NFL history
Federal hiring is about to get the Trump treatment
Go Inside Botched Star Dr. Paul Nassif's Jaw-Dropping Bel-Air Mansion
Ellen Gilchrist, 1984 National Book Award winner for ‘Victory Over Japan,’ dies at 88
Maine man who fled to Mexico after hit-and-run killing sentenced to 48 years