Current:Home > reviewsFastexy:Drew Barrymore stalking suspect trespasses NYFW show seeking Emma Watson, police say -Ascend Wealth Education
Fastexy:Drew Barrymore stalking suspect trespasses NYFW show seeking Emma Watson, police say
PredictIQ View
Date:2025-04-07 03:54:51
NEW YORK — A man accused of repeatedly stalking celebrities has been arrested for barging into a dressing room at a New York City fashion show and Fastexyscreaming that he wanted to marry actor Emma Watson, authorities said.
Chad Michael Busto, who was arrested last month after a run-in with Drew Barrymore, pleaded not guilty Saturday to criminal trespass and disorderly conduct charges in the incident last week at the Ralph Lauren show at the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
Busto, 43, was released without bail. His next court date is Oct. 2. A message seeking comment was left with a lawyer listed for him on court records.
According to prosecutors, Busto entered the fashion show dressing room Friday night and screamed: “I want to marry Emma Watson. Let me speak to Emma Watson. Let me take a photo with Emma Watson.”
More:Drew Barrymore escorted offstage by Reneé Rapp at New York event after crowd disruption
Busto did not have permission to be at the fashion show, became irate when he was asked to leave and refused to do so, police said. The outburst disrupted preparations for the event, part of the biannual New York Fashion Week, prosecutors said.
It wasn’t clear if Watson, known for starring roles in the “Harry Potter” and live action “Beauty and the Beast” films, attended the fashion show. A message seeking comment was left with her representatives.
Last month, a man identifying himself as Busto rushed a Manhattan stage where Barrymore was interviewing singer and actor Reneé Rapp. Rapp helped guide Barrymore to safety and security guards escorted the man out of the theater.
Days later, Busto was arrested in the Hamptons and charged with stalking after police say he was spotted going door-to-door asking for directions to Barrymore’s home. The “Scream” actor and “Drew Barrymore Show” TV host was not there at the time.
More:Drew Barrymore to return amid writer's strike. Which other daytime talk shows will follow?
Last week, after Busto failed to show up to be fitted for a court-ordered GPS monitor under the terms of his release, a Southampton judge issued a warrant for his arrest.
Busto, who’s been linked to addresses of shelters and church ministries in California and Washington, D.C., has a history of arrests and bizarre behavior. His record includes prior arrests for trespassing, disorderly conduct and indecent exposure.
In a handwritten lawsuit last year, Busto claimed he’d been granted ownership of the Hilton hotels chain. That case was swiftly dismissed.
Other lawsuits under Busto’s name include one seeking to challenge the prison sentences of all criminal defendants in “All prisons on Planet Earth.”
In a 2021 court filing, Busto wrote that he was “Born by Force” and that his parents are “More Guilty for My Entire Existence as Two Humans Than the One (Sort of) Human I am Generally Considered to Be!”
Another Busto court filing consisted mostly of Pokémon cards.
More:Ralph Lauren makes lavish NYFW comeback at show with JLo, Diane Keaton, Sofia Richie, more
veryGood! (122)
Related
- What were Tom Selleck's juicy final 'Blue Bloods' words in Reagan family
- Ms. after 50: Gloria Steinem and a feminist publishing revolution
- '60 Minutes' producer Bill Owens revamps CBS News show with six 90-minute episodes this fall
- Authorities search for F-35 jet after 'mishap' near South Carolina base; pilot safely ejected
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- Ariana Grande and Dalton Gomez Officially File for Divorce After 2 Years of Marriage
- A Florida man bought a lottery ticket with his Publix sub. He won $5 million.
- Want to retire in 2024? Here are 3 ways to know if you are ready
- FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
- Hearings in $1 billion lawsuit filed by auto tycoon Carlos Ghosn against Nissan starts in Beirut
Ranking
- 2 killed, 3 injured in shooting at makeshift club in Houston
- A truck-bus collision in northern South Africa leaves 20 dead, most of them miners going to work
- Hearings in $1 billion lawsuit filed by auto tycoon Carlos Ghosn against Nissan starts in Beirut
- Kilogram of Fentanyl found in NYC day care center where 1-year-old boy died of apparent overdose
- 'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
- Broncos score wild Hail Mary TD but still come up short on failed 2-point conversion
- Underwater teams search for a helicopter that crashed while fighting a forest fire in western Turkey
- Do air purifiers work? Here's what they do, and an analysis of risks versus benefits
Recommendation
'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
Trial of 3 Washington officers charged with murder, manslaughter in death of Black man set to begin
In corrupt Libya, longtime warnings of the collapse of the Derna dams went unheeded
2 pilots killed after colliding upon landing at National Championship Air Races
New Mexico governor seeks funding to recycle fracking water, expand preschool, treat mental health
Underwater teams search for a helicopter that crashed while fighting a forest fire in western Turkey
58,000 pounds of ground beef recalled over possible E. coli contamination
The strike by auto workers is entering its 4th day with no signs that a breakthrough is near