Current:Home > ScamsProof Fast & Furious's Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel Have Officially Ended Their Feud -Ascend Wealth Education
Proof Fast & Furious's Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel Have Officially Ended Their Feud
Algosensey Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-07 06:39:31
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is back in the Fast & Furious family.
Six years after butting heads with co-star Vin Diesel, the actor confirmed that the two have made up. In fact, the two are in such a better place that Dwayne is even reprising his role of Luke Hobbs in an upcoming installment of the popular film franchise.
"The next Fast & Furious film you'll see the legendary lawman in will be the HOBBS movie that will serve as a fresh, new chapter & set up for Fast X: Part II," he tweeted June 1. "Last summer Vin and I put all the past behind us. We'll lead with brotherhood and resolve—and always take care of the franchise, characters & FANS that we love."
In an accompanying video, the 51-year-old explained how he quashed his beef with Vin, 55. "Despite having our differences, me and Vin, we've been like brothers for years," he said, explaining that they both chose to resolve their issues for "plans that are much bigger than ourselves."
"Those bigger plans are the north star, as I always like to say," he continued. "In this case, the north star is the franchise that we love. The north star is the characters that we love."
Taking that and the continual support from fans over the years, Dwayne said it was "not a hard decision to make" to return to the franchise.
"It's a yes," he added, before quoting his character, "Daddy's gotta go to work."
Dwayne and Vin's feud dates back to 2016, when the two were filming The Fate of the Furious and Dwayne called out some of his male co-stars as "chicken s--t" and "candy asses" in an Instagram post. Though he did not use any specific names at the time, the former wrestler later confirmed that he did have bad blood with Vin during the shoot.
"Vin and I had a few discussions, including an important face-to-face in my trailer," he recalled in a 2018 Rolling Stone interview. "And what I came to realize is that we have a fundamental difference in philosophies on how we approach movie-making and collaborating."
Dwayne went on to sit out on its follow-up, F9, in order to star in the 2019 spin-off Hobbs & Shaw. When production of a tenth Fast & Furious film began, Vin issued a public plea to his "little brother Dwayne" to return for another film.
"As you know, my children refer to you as Uncle Dwayne in my house. There is not a holiday that goes by that they and you don't send well wishes... but the time has come," the actor wrote in November 2021 Instagram post, before sharing how he had previously made a promise to late co-star Paul Walker that the series would have a 10th installment. "I say this out of love... but you must show up, do not leave the franchise idle you have a very important role to play."
However, Dwayne took Vin's note as an "example of his manipulation," telling CNN in December 2021, "I didn't like that he brought up his children in the post, as well as Paul Walker's death. Leave them out of it."
He added at the time, "Regardless, I'm confident in the Fast universe and its ability to consistently deliver for the audience, and I truly wish my former co-stars and crew members the best of luck and success in the next chapter."
Fast X was released on May 19.
(E! and Universal Pictures are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)
Watch E! News weeknights Monday through Thursday at 11 p.m., only on E!.veryGood! (53494)
Related
- Google unveils a quantum chip. Could it help unlock the universe's deepest secrets?
- US jobs report for January is likely to show that steady hiring growth extended into 2024
- Mississippi House passes bill to legalize online sports betting
- 9 hospitalized after 200 prisoners rush corrections officers in riot at Southern California prison
- 'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
- Teen falls to his death while taking photos at Utah canyon overlook
- She hoped to sing for a rap icon. Instead, she was there the night Run-DMC’s Jam Master Jay died
- Washington Commanders hiring Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn as coach, AP sources say
- Head of the Federal Aviation Administration to resign, allowing Trump to pick his successor
- Ranking all 57 Super Bowls from best to worst: How does first Chiefs-49ers clash rate?
Ranking
- Retirement planning: 3 crucial moves everyone should make before 2025
- Former Atlantic City politician charged with election fraud involving absentee ballots
- Camp Lejeune water contamination tied to range of cancers, CDC study finds
- People on parole in Pennsylvania can continue medication for opioid withdrawal under settlement
- Finally, good retirement news! Southwest pilots' plan is a bright spot, experts say
- Prison gang leader in Mississippi gets 20 years for racketeering conspiracy
- With no coaching job in 2024, Patriot great Bill Belichick's NFL legacy left in limbo
- Video shows bear cubs native to Alaska found wandering 3,614 miles away — in Florida
Recommendation
Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
Prosecutors detail possible expert witnesses in federal case against officers in Tyre Nichols death
California teenager charged with swatting faces adult charges in Florida
People on parole in Pennsylvania can continue medication for opioid withdrawal under settlement
Could your smelly farts help science?
Group of Kentucky educators won $1 million Powerball, hid ticket in math book
Score a $598 Tory Burch Dress for $60, a $248 Top for $25, and More Can't-Miss Deals
New Hampshire House refuses to either further restrict or protect abortion rights