Current:Home > reviewsSurpassing:Teen Mom Alum Jenelle Evans and Husband David Eason's Child Protective Services Case Dropped -Ascend Wealth Education
Surpassing:Teen Mom Alum Jenelle Evans and Husband David Eason's Child Protective Services Case Dropped
SignalHub View
Date:2025-04-06 04:19:21
Child Protective Services has dropped a case involving Teen Mom 2 alum Jenelle Evans,Surpassing her husband David Eason and her son Jace.
North Carolina court records obtained by E! News show that on Feb. 13, the Columbus County Department of Social Services dismissed a juvenile petition over the 14-year-old, which was filed last October.
"All allegations against me and my husband have been officially dropped," Jenelle—also a mom to son Kaiser, 9, and who also shares daughter Ensley, 7, with David—said in a Feb. 15 TikTok video. "CPS took a voluntary dismissal and I wanted to be the first to let you guys know."
In a separate statement to E! News, Jenelle added, "We are still working on Jace's mental health at this time so I don't want to share many details involving this case. When my son is in a better head space then we will share more in-depth information soon."
The former reality star has had a troubled history with her son. For over a decade, Jace lived under the care of her mom Barbara Evans, but Jenelle announced in March 2023 that she had been awarded custody of the teen, who she shares with ex Andrew Lewis. Later that summer, he ran away from his mother's North Carolina home multiple times.
In mid-October, Janelle confirmed on TikTok that her family was involved in a court case with CPS surrounding her son's mental health, but she said she had "done everything as a parent and I have crossed my Ts and dotted my Is."
Later that month, police charged David with child abuse, per TMZ, prompting Jenelle to respond.
Jenelle told The Messenger that her husband was issued a criminal summons in relation to a September incident involving him and Jace after he "searched" the teen and confiscated unspecified items. She also said the teen had returned to living with her mom. "He is with her temporarily," she said, "and they are looking to possibly transport him somewhere else due to his behavior in the past."
A grand jury indicted David this past January over the child abuse charge, a North Carolina court clerk told The Sun. The case remains pending.
A clerk for the court of Columbus County told E! News details of the family's case cannot be shared because juvenile matters are confidential.
E! News has reached out to David's attorney, CPS of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services and the North Carolina County social services attorney for comment but hasn't heard back.
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (615)
Related
- Dick Vitale announces he is cancer free: 'Santa Claus came early'
- Trucker describes finding ‘miracle baby’ by the side of a highway in Louisiana
- Shop Incredible Revolve Flash Deals: $138 House of Harlow Dress for $28, $22 Jennifer Lopez Shoes & More
- Suspect arrested 20 years to the day after 15-year-old Arizona girl was murdered
- Hackers hit Rhode Island benefits system in major cyberattack. Personal data could be released soon
- Taylor Swift, Caitlin Clark and More Celebs React to Brittany and Patrick Mahomes’ Pregnancy Announcement
- A county canvassing board rejected the absentee ballot of North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum’s wife
- Judge considers Alec Baldwin's request to dismiss 'Rust' case over 'concealed' evidence
- Retirement planning: 3 crucial moves everyone should make before 2025
- Small wildfire leads to precautionary evacuation of climate change research facility in Colorado
Ranking
- Moving abroad can be expensive: These 5 countries will 'pay' you to move there
- Chiefs star Patrick Mahomes, wife Brittany announce they're expecting third child
- Archaeologists unearth 4,000-year-old temple and theater in Peru
- Arizona abortion initiative backers sue to remove ‘unborn human being’ from voter pamphlet language
- Dick Vitale announces he is cancer free: 'Santa Claus came early'
- Trucker describes finding ‘miracle baby’ by the side of a highway in Louisiana
- Carlos Alcaraz, Novak Djokovic return to Wimbledon final
- Eminem Takes Aim at Sean “Diddy” Combs, References Cassie Incident in New Song
Recommendation
North Carolina trustees approve Bill Belichick’s deal ahead of introductory news conference
MOD Pizza has new owner after closing 44 restaurants amid bankruptcy rumors
2024 MLB mock draft: Latest projections for every Round 1 pick
Carlos Alcaraz, Novak Djokovic return to Wimbledon final
Biden administration makes final diplomatic push for stability across a turbulent Mideast
Georgia sheriff laments scrapped jail plans in county under federal civil rights investigation
Princess of Wales set to attend Wimbledon men’s final on Sunday in rare public appearance
Idris Elba meets with King Charles III to discuss UK youth violence: See photos