Current:Home > MarketsTrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center-New photo of Prince Louis released to mark 6th birthday -Ascend Wealth Education
TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center-New photo of Prince Louis released to mark 6th birthday
TradeEdge Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 23:38:13
A new photo of Prince Louis was released Tuesday to mark the young British royal's 6th birthday. It is TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Centerthe first image released by the family since the photo-editing scandal erupted last month.
In the photo, Louis, who is the fourth in line to the British throne behind his father and two older siblings, can be seen lying on a blanket while grinning at the camera. The photo is said to have been taken by his mother Catherine, the Princess of Wales. Kensington Palace has assured that this picture has not been edited.
"Happy 6th Birthday, Prince Louis! Thank you for all the kind wishes today," said the post accompanying the image shared on Kensington Palace's social media accounts.
Happy 6th Birthday, Prince Louis! 🎂
— The Prince and Princess of Wales (@KensingtonRoyal) April 23, 2024
Thank you for all the kind wishes today.
📸 The Princess of Wales pic.twitter.com/TxshrI3WKO
The family has typically released photos of the young royals to mark birthdays to news outlets in advance, but this year, with both Kate and her father-in-law King Charles III undergoing cancer treatment, they took a slightly different approach, posting the image of Louis directly on their official social media accounts on his birthday.
William and Kate, who have requested privacy as they deal with the family's medical issues, thanked people for their well-wishes in a short message posted with the photo of Louis.
Last month, a controversy erupted after Kensington Palace released a family photo of Kate and her three children on Britain's Mother's Day that was edited in numerous places, raising concerns over transparency and honesty.
International photo agencies withdrew the image from their platforms, some even removing Kensington Palace from their list of trusted sources. Kate admitted to editing the photo in a subsequent social media post.
It came at a time when Kate had been out of the public eye for months, recuperating from what the palace said was planned abdominal surgery in January.
In late March, as rumors swirled about her health, Kate announced in a video message that cancer was discovered following her operation and she is undergoing preventative chemotherapy on the advice of her medical team. She did not say what kind of cancer it was or share additional details about her diagnosis.
"This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family," Kate said in the video message. "As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be OK."
The family kept a low profile over the Easter school holidays, but William resumed official duties last week.
- In:
- British Royal Family
Lucia Suarez Sang is an associate managing editor at cbsnews.com. Previously, Lucia was the director of digital content at FOX61 News in Connecticut and has previously written for outlets including FoxNews.com, Fox News Latino and the Rutland Herald.
TwitterveryGood! (6)
Related
- Mets have visions of grandeur, and a dynasty, with Juan Soto as major catalyst
- Tucson man gets 16-month prison term for threatening a mass shooting at the University of Arizona
- Bond increased to $1M for Texas woman accused in attempted drowning seen as possible hate crime
- Palestinians ordered to flee Khan Younis, signaling likely new Israeli assault on southern Gaza city
- Nevada attorney general revives 2020 fake electors case
- Young Thug's RICO trial on hold indefinitely after judge's alleged 'improper' meeting
- Taylor Swift, Travis Kelce and the dawn of the 'hard launch summer'
- USDA: More than 4,600 pounds of egg products recalled in 9 states for health concerns
- Opinion: Gianni Infantino, FIFA sell souls and 2034 World Cup for Saudi Arabia's billions
- Biden fixes 161-year-old oversight, awards Medal of Honor to 2 Civil War soldiers
Ranking
- Tom Holland's New Venture Revealed
- California wildfires trigger evacuations as Thompson Fire burns with no containment
- Governors in the West Seek Profitability for Industrial and Natural Carbon Removal Projects
- Travis Kelce Shares Golden Rule for Joining Taylor Swift on Stage at Eras Tour
- Who are the most valuable sports franchises? Forbes releases new list of top 50 teams
- Gracie Abrams Reveals Travis Kelce’s Fearless Words Before Appearing on Stage With Taylor Swift
- Abortion-rights advocates set to turn in around 800,000 signatures for Arizona ballot measure
- Beyoncé's Mom Tina Knowles Defends Blue Ivy From Green Eyed Monsters
Recommendation
Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
Arkansas ends fiscal year with $698 million surplus, finance office says
Defending Wimbledon women's champion Marketa Vondrousova ousted in first round
Kemba Walker announces retirement; NCAA champion with UConn, four-time NBA All-Star
$73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
Tempur Sealy's $4 billion purchase of Mattress Firm challenged by FTC
Jamaica braces for 'extremely dangerous' Hurricane Beryl: Live updates
Eminem joined by Big Sean, BabyTron on new single 'Tobey' as 'Slim Shady' album release set