Current:Home > FinancePrincess Kate returns home after abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says -Ascend Wealth Education
Princess Kate returns home after abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says
Chainkeen Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 04:23:19
Princess Kate has returned home nearly two weeks after she was admitted to the hospital for a "planned abdominal surgery."
The Princess of Wales, 42, is back at the royal's home in Windsor to continue her recovery. "She is making good progress," Kensington Palace said in a statement Monday.
"The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided," the statement continued. "The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world."
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate underwent a "successful" surgery on Jan. 16 and was expected to remain hospitalized for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter," according to the statement.
Princess Kate hospitalizedfor abdominal surgery, postpones royal engagements, palace says
Kate asked for privacy amid her recovery. "She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private."
The Princess of Wales and husband Prince William share three kids: Prince George, 10; Princess Charlotte, 8; and Prince Louis, 5.
The palace apologized to all those affected by Kate's postponed engagements. "She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible," the statement concluded.
King Charles recently treated for an enlarged prostate
That same day as the news of Kate's surgery, Buckingham Palace announced King Charles III would undergo treatment for an enlarged prostate.
King Charles was admitted to a London hospital for the scheduled treatment, the palace announced Friday.
"His Majesty would like to thank all those who have sent their good wishes over the past week and is delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness," the palace said.
On. Jan 17, Buckingham Palace said King Charles would seek treatment for a "corrective procedure" that is "in common with thousands of men each year."
The palace said the king's condition is "benign," but public engagements would be postponed for a brief period of rest as he heals from the procedure and timing of the announcement could be seen as explaining King Charles' absence. Foreign dignitaries and members of the Cabinet had been due to travel to Dumfries House in Scotland.
The British royals typically maintain a robust schedule of public engagements for their various charities and personal family outings such as their yearly Easter church service at St. George's Chapel.
Contributing: Jay Stahl, Brendan Morrow, Taijuan Moorman, USA TODAY; The Associated Press
King Charles III to be hospitalizedfor enlarged prostate, palace says
veryGood! (844)
Related
- Military service academies see drop in reported sexual assaults after alarming surge
- North Dakota lawmakers take stock of the boom in electronic pull tabs gambling
- Trial underway for Iowa teenager accused of murdering 2 at school for at-risk youth
- 5 entire families reportedly among 39 civilians killed by shelling as war rages in Sudan's Darfur region
- Backstage at New York's Jingle Ball with Jimmy Fallon, 'Queer Eye' and Meghan Trainor
- Trader Joe's recalls black bean tamales, its sixth recall since July
- ‘Still grieving’: Virginia football ready to take the field, honor 3 teammates killed last fall
- Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat is 60 times more likely to be stolen than any other 2020-22 vehicle
- Civic engagement nonprofits say democracy needs support in between big elections. Do funders agree?
- Students with disabilities in Pennsylvania will get more time in school under settlement
Ranking
- Scoot flight from Singapore to Wuhan turns back after 'technical issue' detected
- Kia recalls nearly 320,000 cars because the trunk may not open from the inside
- Amal and George Clooney’s Date Night in Italy Is the Perfect Storm for Amore
- Texas high court allows law banning gender-affirming care for transgender minors to take effect
- Grammy nominee Teddy Swims on love, growth and embracing change
- Where RHOSLC's Meredith Marks and Lisa Barlow Stand Today After Years-Long Feud
- Kaitlyn Bristowe Shares Update on Her Journey to Motherhood 6 Years After Freezing Her Eggs
- High-tech system enhances school safety by cutting response times to shootings, emergencies
Recommendation
Who's hosting 'Saturday Night Live' tonight? Musical guest, how to watch Dec. 14 episode
Missouri judge says white man will stand trial for shooting Black teen who went to wrong house
Hurricane Idalia's financial toll could reach $20 billion
Election workers have gotten death threats and warnings they will be lynched, the US government says
Federal Spending Freeze Could Have Widespread Impact on Environment, Emergency Management
Influencer Ruby Franke’s Sisters Speak Out After She’s Arrested on Child Abuse Charges
North Carolina State's Rakeim Ashford stretchered off field during game vs. UConn
Ohio lawmaker stripped of leadership after a second arrest in domestic violence case